Other Names of Marigold: The marigold is also known as Mary bud, pot marigold, ruddes, golds, holigold, gold bloom and the garden marigold. Marigold flower garland
Useful Parts of the Plant: The petals or the flower heads
The marigold is known for its bright orange colored flowers as well as its numerous medicinal properties. Marigold is grown mainly in March and April and is known to grow rapidly. There are different varieties of the plant and they are divided into four basic species. These include African Marigold, French Marigold, Triploids, and single Marigold. There are also sub-types with all of these major varieties. Online florist
Nutritional Information and Properties:
With regards to the nutritional information pertaining to marigolds, they are known to be a rich source of flavonoids and vitamin C. they have no fat content and therefore aid weight loss.
Health Benefits and Therapeutic Uses
- One of the health benefits of marigolds is that it is used in the treatment of minor burns when used in the form of ointments or a tincture.
- On account of the anti-inflammatory properties of marigold, it is also used in the treatment of allergic reactions, eczema and bruising.
- Health benefits of marigold oil also include it being used in the treatment of plantar lesions that tend to occur on the feet.
- Another one of the benefits of the marigold flowers is that it is very beneficial in getting rid of an oily complexion naturally. In this treatment, fresh flowers need to be soaked in warm water and then applied to the skin at least once a day and allowed to remain for 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Marigolds are also known to have plenty of health benefits on account of their high content of antioxidants. These antioxidants are known to be effective in combating the damage that may b caused by free radicals which are typically the by-products of environmental factors such as pollution or cigarette smoke or even normal body functions. The lycopene present in marigold is also known to lower the risk of heart disease and prostate cancer. The antioxidants present in marigolds are also known to protect the eyes from macular degeneration and cataracts. marigold flower garland
- Health benefits and therapeutic uses of marigold flowers as well as the leaves of the marigold include it being beneficial in minimizing the number of tumors in the case of breast cancer as well as in the prevention of the development of new cancer cells. Besides breast cancer, Marigolds are also known to be effective against colon, leukemia, and melanoma cancer cells.
- One of the medicinal uses of marigolds is that it promotes the growth of both new blood vessels as well as new skin tissue and hence it is used in the healing of wounds such as burns, scrapes as well as irritated skin.
- When consumed internally, marigolds are also known to help against digestive inflammation in the form of duodenal or gastric ulcers on account of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Marigold tea is also known to be effective against painful mouth and stomach ulcers as well as colitis. Marigolds are effective in this aspect because they tend to stimulate the lymphatic system and thereby minimize the swelling as well as cleanse the body of toxins which may be contributing to the ulcers. flowers garland
- Marigold flower is also used in the form of an ointment for women who are suffering from breast cancer to minimize dermatitis that is usually caused by chemotherapy.
- The petals of the marigold flower are also used in sitz baths as they are effective in healing vaginal infections, bladder infections, healing of stitches post childbirth as well as hemorrhoids. To prepare a sitz bath the petals of the marigold flowers should be boiled for some time and then added to the warm bath water. marigold flower garland
- One of the health benefits of marigold juice is that it is very effective in healing scabies and warts.